10 tips on how to kick-start the new school year
1. Stock Up on Brain Food Eating a protein packed breakfast keeps energy levels stable and supports brain function. Eggs, spinach, and avocado are all brain-boosting choices.
2. Give Back A fun way to celebrate going back to school can consist of leaving a package of back to school supplies on the doorstep of a family in need.
3. Sleep Well Be sure to get a good nights sleep of at least 8 hours every night, so that you wake up well rested.
4. Expand Your Knowledge Consider what it’s like to go to school in other countries is a good way for kids to put things in perspective. For example, did you know that in Chile, summer vacation lasts from mid-December to early March?
5. Be Confident
When children feel good about themselves, it sets them up for success — in everything from school to friendships. Positive feelings like self-acceptance or self-confidence help children to try new challenges, cope with mistakes, and try again. Taking pride in their abilities and accomplishments helps children do their best.
6. Laugh Lighten the mood and give your kids something to giggle about before you send them off in the morning.
7. Photo Shoot Capture first-day memories and make kids feel special with a back-to-school photo shoot.
8. Back-to-School Apps Don’t forget that back-to-school is a challenging time for you as well as your kids! Get organized and make life easier with a great selection of apps that are parent approved.
9. Lunch Box Inspiration Whether or not you have time to get creative with crazy sandwich shapes, these lunch boxes are healthy, heartwarming and just what kids need to keep them going throughout the school day.
10. Cool Teacher Gifts The best teacher gifts are either cute, useful, or tasty. For gifts, you can make with kids, go for a pencil pot made of pencils or apple-shaped cookies.